- Proton Cars (UK) Limited has made every effort to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this site, but Proton believes in a policy of continuous improvement and therefore reserves the right to change, alter or modify, among other things, specifications, colours and prices of models without prior notice at any time.
- Any reference in this site to speed or performance should not be taken as an encouragement to drive either dangerously or at speeds in excess of national limits.
- All fuel economy figures are in accordance with Directive 93/116/EC. They have been calculated using the same test cycle as used for official exhaust emission classification. They cannot be compared with the previous steady speed/urban figures and are more representative of actual on-road fuel consumption. Under normal use a vehicle's actual fuel consumption figures may differ from those achieved through the test procedure, depending on driving technique, road and traffic conditions, environmental factors, and vehicle condition. If in any doubt, please consult your dealer.
- The information in this site is intended for United Kingdom residents. Therefore, we are unable to fulfil any requests for brochures or to provide information to non-UK residents, as the specifications of Proton vehicles in non-UK countries may differ to those in the UK.
- The information contained in this site may not satisfy the laws of any other country.
EC End of Life Vehicle Directive
- In line with the requirements of the EC End of Life Vehicle Directive, Proton owners are offered the possibility to dispose of their vehicle at the end of its useful life, free of charge.
- The End of Life Vehicle Directive applies to all passenger cars and light commercial vehicles with up to nine seats and up to a total permissible weight of 3.5 tonnes. Free take back is currently available for all vehicles regardless of age as from the 1st January 2007.
- For more information on de-pollution and recycling of an ELV or for a guide to your nearest take back facility please click here. The Cartakeback Network covers all regions of the UK. All take back and treatment facilities operate in conformity with the Department for Environment Food & Rural Affairs (DEFRA) requirements.
- Customers who wish to arrange free disposal of automotive batteries should contact Cartakeback on 0844 6696077, our registration number that needs to be quoted is BPRN00858.
Recycling your battery
When a primary battery in your vehicle reaches its end of life, it can be delivered to the facilities listed below for disposal.
- Civic Amenity and Recycling Centres
- Local authority battery collection schemes (please check with your local council)
- Licensed Scrap yards
- Authorised Treatment Facilities (car dismantlers etc)
To find out the easiest way to dispose of your battery please search Recycling near you directory.
Beginning from 1st January 2010, the main batteries used in conventional vehicles can continue to be taken back to the above locations or if this fails please contact Cartakeback, on 0844 6696077, or visit the Cartakeback website here. Industrial batteries (from electric/hybrid vehicles), can be delivered to our appointed take back stations, contact as mentioned.
Our registration number that needs to be quoted is BPRN00858
The disposal of waste industrial and automotive batteries by landfill or by incineration is banned from 1 January 2010.
Recycling your vehicle's battery When a "starter" battery in your vehicle reaches the end of its life and needs to be recycled, you have a number of options as follows:
If the battery is replaced at a garage, they may be happy to take the old battery from you for recycling. Alternatively, you could use your local Civic Amenity Site/Recycling Centre which will accept most types of household waste (including vehicle batteries) from local residents, without charge.
Various businesses, such as garages, licensed Authorised Treatment Facilities (vehicle dismantlers), metal recycling companies or other waste removal/treatment companies might be happy to accept your battery without charge, in view of the residual value of the scrap metal. You might find the following website helpful to help you find such a business:www.wastedirectory.org.uk
All battery producers in the UK are required to be registered with the Government as part of an EU-wide initiative to increase battery collection/recycling and completely prohibit the landfill/incineration of automotive and industrial batteries. Our battery producer registration number is BPRN00858.
- Proton Cars (UK) Limited respect the privacy of every individual who visits the site. Your data will be stored and may be used for future market research, marketing purposes, sales tracking and in order to contact you. Proton may also disclose this information to its retailers and agents for the above purposes.
- If you do not wish to receive further information or be contacted relating to new products, services and special offers that may be of interest to you, then please contact us by writing to:
1-3 Crowley Way
- We will use reasonable efforts to delete this information from our existing files.
- Proton Cars (UK) Limited do not represent, warrant, endorse or hold responsibility over any external sites that may be linked to and from this site. Any external site that you visit by clicking through a link on this site is outside the control of Proton and you visit entirely at your own risk.
Law and Jurisdiction
- This site was created, and is operated, according to the laws of England . In determining any disputes in relation to this site the laws of England will apply and the Courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction.
- If you do not accept these Terms in full, you must stop using this website immediately.
Accessible web site design
Proton Cars UK is committed to ensuring that our website is accessible and inclusive to all users. Therefore, this site has been designed and built to follow guidelines laid down by the W3C Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI), Royal National Institute for the Blind (RNIB), and the Disability Discrimination Act (DDA, Part III).
Known Browser Support:
We have designed and built our website to operate on a wide range of browser technologies, including testing the site in:
- Internet Explorer 6 and 7
- Mozilla Firefox 2 and 3
- Opera 9.22
- Safari 2.0.4
- All materials within this site are the intellectual property of Proton Cars (UK) Limited. Such materials may not be copied or reproduced, save to the extent necessary to view the same on-line. However, you may print complete pages of the site to hard copy for your own personal use.
- All names, images, logos identifying Proton Cars (UK) Limited are proprietary marks of Proton. All third party brand, product, service and company names contained on this site are the trademarks, service marks and trade names of their respective holders. Proton Cars (UK) Limited do not give permission for their use by any person other than the holders. Any such use may constitute an infringement of the holders' rights.
Proton Cars (UK) Limited takes the protection of your privacy on-line extremely seriously and we will use all reasonable endeavours to safeguard your information.
Accordingly, Proton Cars (UK) Limited have security measures in place which are considered appropriate to the nature of the information and the harm that might result from a breach of security.
A cookie is a small amount of data that is transferred to your browser by a Web server and can only be read by the server that gave it to you.
Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether to accept it.
Non personal data regarding the use of this websites, such as the number of hits per page, is also captured automatically. This information helps us to analyse how our website is used, and assist in the development and improvement of the website.
We do not collect personal data on this site unless you submit personal information in that part of the site where it is requested.
Following your request for information we may hold personal information about you for marketing and research purposes and also to help us develop our website, products and services.
For your protection we will also:
- Not hold more information about you than is required for the purposes for which it is being processed.
- Take reasonable endeavours to ensure that any information about you is accurate and kept up to date.
- Not keep your information for longer that is necessary or as required by law.
- Process your information in accordance with your rights under the Data Protection Act 1998.
We are open to suggestions for improvement across our website. Please send any comments via our contact form.
To contact Proton Customer Services directly:
Proton Customer Services
Proton Cars (UK) Limited
1-3 Crowley Way
0844 8565 899